Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Cookie Lady Chicken Enchiladas

Cookie Lady Enchiladas ready for the oven!
I have a dear friend Brooke who is an amazing baker.  For the first six months I knew her, my husband referred to her as "The Cookie Lady."  Of course this lady also happens to be gorgeous, have a great husband and two of the most adorable kids ever.  I'm quite certain that her farts smell like roses. 

ANYWAY, just after my twins were born she made me this amazing dinner of Chicken Enchiladas since I was so sleep deprived I could barely talk.  It's one of my all time favorite recipes, and is super easy to make. 


Scoop until they're about to burst!
  1. Toss a couple chicken breasts (even if frozen) into a pot of water with a few cloves of garlic.  Bring to a boil and cook until chicken reaches 170.  Remove from water and shred with two large forks.  Toss shredded chicken into a large bowl
  2. Add a can of refried beans, drained can of mexicorn, 1-2 cups of shredded cheese and a can of enchilada sauce.  Mix
  3. Spoon yumminess into tortillas and roll up
  4. Top with a bit more cheese and another can of enchilada sauce
  5. Cover with foil, and bake at 350 for 30 min.
  6. Do dishes while it bakes and prep a margarita
  7. Reheats well IF there are any left.

No comments:

Post a Comment