Sunday, January 15, 2012

Easy Quiche - pick your flavors!


I've found that I can now make a quiche better than I can buy.  It's a bit of a buzz kill since places that serve quiche are often a real treat to eat at!  However... I must admit that eating a delicious breakfast while lounging in my pajama pants is pretty darn wonderful!  This recipe looks fancy enough to get "supermom points" but is so easy to throw together you'll end up feeling GUILTY cashing them in!


  1. Preheat the oven to 375 (convect if you can)
  2. Start with a frozen deep dish pie crust
  3. Mix together 1 1/2 c egg beaters, 1/2 c half and half, ground pepper and garlic powder to taste
  4. Toss in whatever else you happen to have around (this recipe used 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese, a box of frozen spinach cooked and drained well, and a very thinly sliced tomato for the top).  I also like to use diced mushrooms, onions, and/or cubed ham.  I honestly make up new combinations each time I bake this!
  5. Mix ingredients well, and pour into pie crust.
  6. Place pie crust on a baking sheet and bake for 20 min
  7. After 20 minutes, cover the edges of the pie with foil so they don't burn
  8. Continue cooking for 25 min (longer if not convecting)
  9. Bake until the top begins to brown.  It will come out with a "puffed" top but will settle as the quiche cools.  
  10. Enjoy with a mimosa!  You're at a fancy restaurant after all :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment