Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 3, Week 3 Grilled Tilapia

I think toddlers aren't supposed to like fish, but they'll eat this.  Shhhh please don't tell them that the "fish chips" and "Oscar the Grouch Sauce" are healthy.  I'm making a note to make more next time.  We ate up everything and were all looking around for more.  Another reason to love this dish is that it literally takes 10 minutes to prepare.  Your sides will take longer.  Love it.

Oscar the Grouch Sauce:
(insert your own grown-up name if you'd prefer as it's a very grown-up taste)
Blend together 1/3 bunch cilantro (or more... but I'm splitting a bunch into three recipes this week), a couple Tbsp of orange juice concentrate (using the rest to make OJ and have mimosas this weekend), 1/2 tsp cumin, 1 Tbsp oil.  I'm using a Magic Bullet which I just love (NOT to be confused with a Silver Bullet which leads to very funny reactions from people when I rave about it) Blend until it's a stunning green.

Fish Chips:
(again, we just call it chips at our house to get the kids to try it)
Either grill or use a frying pan with a bit of oil.  Sprinkle the fillets with a bit of salt and pepper, and then cook 3-5 minutes each side until done.

You can serve the dipping sauce on the side or just pour over the fish.  I served with a side of steamed asparagus. Enjoy!!

If anyone has better pics than mine, please send.  My good camera ran out of battery juice today and I have to confess I have NO idea how to charge it.  OH SWEETIE!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment